What do do and not do after a storm flooding.
After having a flood on your property, you should learn what to do after a storm flooding and learn what not to do after flooding. Below is a list of 5 things you should and shouldn’t do after a flood.
What to do after flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove excess water on furniture and prop up upholstery and cushions.
- Gather loose items from the floors.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn on air conditioning for maximum drying.
What not to do after flooding:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place
- Don't leave items on the wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use a household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use any household appliances that have been in contact with the water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet