How to keep your house safe during a snowstorm in Rhode Island
Snow is a beautiful thing to watch fall but large amounts of snow can be dangerous to one's property. Like any natural weather situation, you should always be prepared for any storm damage that could happen. Being prepared can not only help your property but people living on that property. Here are 5 tips and trick to keep your house safe during a snowstorm:
- Keep your exterior vents clear of snow and ice to avoid your furnace from overheating and shutting off.
- Keep your roof clear of snow to avoid a roof cave from heavy snowfalls. (Tip to remove it is to buy a roof snow rake)
- Keep a snow shovel or snow blower to clear out your driveway and walkway paths to make a safe entrance out of your house.
- If your power goes out and the heating stops working be careful of your pipes from freezing.
If you suffer a water damage in your residential home or commercial building and need disaster cleanup call us, we have advanced equipment and will clean with care and can invoice the insurance company directly.
We are here to help 24/7 to help you and guide you through the job process. We will root out the problem and clean with care and can be your single source and use advanced equipment.
We work with all insurance companies:
Rhode Island we are here for
- Preferred Mutual
- Catholic Mutual
- Safety Insurance
- Arbella Insurance
- Bunker Hill Insurance Company
- Peerless Insurance Company
- Foremost Insurance Company
- New London Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Philadelphia Insurance
- Modern Home
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
- The Hartford
SERVPRO of Northern 24/7 401-949-9955