What happens after a storm damage to your Riverside home
After a storm has ended and damage has occurred to your home, there are some steps to take to begin the restoration restoration and cleanup process. These steps may include
- An assessment preformed by storm damage restoration experts (SERVPRO)
- A visit from your insurance adjuster
- Documentation of damage, this can be provided by your insurance company
- Water removal process
Restoring your home
There are multiple restoration methods that our teams use after a storm. After the water is removed from the home, our trained technicians will work to mitigate the damage by
- Drying: using dehumidifiers, air movers, and other equipment.
- A tear out: removing damaged materials such as drywall etc.
- Sanitation of the home or area.
- Restoration or replacement can begin
At SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, we believe in restoring over replacing. Understanding that your home and belongings mean a lot to you! We will treat your home as it was our own.
What happens to your damaged belongings?
Damaged belongings are typically removed from the home after a storm. Rugs, clothing, curtains, and other cloth materials can be cleaned and restored if mold has not grown. Electronics can be more difficult to restore, but if you call us right away, the faster they may get restored. Whether or not any item can be restored, no matter the material, depends on the extent of the damage.
Call us at (401) 949-9955 if you experience storm damage to your home, we’re here to help make it “Like it never even happened.” For more info click here